Saturday, November 27, 2010

Don't Think of Failure - Michael Jordan

I never look at the consequences of failing, because when you think about the consequences, you always think of a negative result.

If I am jumping into any situation. I am thinking I'm going to be successful - not about what happens if I fail.

Some people get frozen by fear of failure by thinking about the possibility of a negative result. They might be afraid of looking bad or being embarrassed. I reallised that if I was going to achieve anything in life, I had to be aggressive. i had to get out there and go for it. I don't believe you can achieve anything by being passive.

I know fear is an obstacle for some people, but to me it's an illusion. Any fear is an illusion . You think something is standing in your way, but nothing is there - only an opportunity to do your best and gain some success.

If it turns out my best isn't good enough, then at least I will never be able to look back and say I was too afraid to try. Maybe I just didn't have it. Maybe I just wasn't good enough. There's nothing wrong with that and nothing to be afraid of either. Failure always made me try harder the next time.

My advice is ," Think positive, and find fuel in failure. "

Sometimes, failure gets you closer to where you want to be. The greatest invention in the world had hundreds of failures before answers were found.

Fear sometimes comes from a lack of focus or concentration. If you know you are doing the right things, just relax and perform. Forget about the outcome. You can't control anything anyway.

When you make a presentation in business, you may do all the things necessary, but then it's out of your hands. Either the clients like the presentation, or they don't. It's up to the client or the buyer. So don't worry about it.

I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying. It doesn't matter if you win as long as you give everything in your heart and work at it 110 percent. If you put in the work, the results will come. I can't do things half heartedly , because I know if I do, then I can expect half hearted results. That's why I approach practices the same way as I approach games. I can't dog it during practice and then, when I need that extra push late in the game, expect it to be there.

But that's how a lot of people approach things. And that's why they fail. They sound like they are committed to being the best they can be. They say all the right things, make all the proper appearances. But they are looking for reasons instead of answers.

No comments: