Friday, May 29, 2009

Job Hunts around...did I found any?

Something unfortunate happened yesterday.

In microscopic view, I lost all my photos. So, my posts in future could be more words than photos. 

In a bigger view, I lost my FYP stuffs, my four years of academic stuffs (softcopy), all sort of songs, installation files, career-related files, etc.

In a bigger than bigger view, I lost my external hard disk.

In a macroscopic view, I lost my 250Gb external hard disk, a working shirt with tie, water bottle, some education certificates, a set of casual shirt and pants.

To summarize, overall, I lost my bag...due to negligence.

Let's pray that good Samaritans able to find my bag and hand over to the campus security office.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next, some updates on my career hunts.

After applied for 37 companies for 40+ different kinds of jobs (engineering, logistics, management trainee, sales & marketing, etc...) since last October, went for 6 campus walk-in interviews, being invited for a phone interview and 4 company interviews, finally...

...I am still hunting for jobs...sweat hor...when I meet with my friends, the first question would be: "Hey, working now lar?" or "Found a job already?" similar kind of questions. Yes, for current economic situation, it is quite hard to get a permanent job as the employers would become more picky and choose only the best among the best (IQ + EQ + skills + characteristics + ...). For me, I was quite fortunate that I have been invited for several phone or face-to-face interviews at their respective companies to present (or hard sell? lol) myself, but as I said, employers would choose the best among the best, and hence I kena rejected for several times. 

However, plenty companies chose to silent themselves and did not reply me whether I was been selected for further considerations or not. No email replies, no phone calls, most probably my application was in non-recycleable bin already. So, my life everyday was just waiting and waiting...and sourcing for job searches concurrently. This week I am working part time in NTU Annual Teaching & Learning Seminar for a week, at least can support part of my housing rental...and my meals (seminar ma, so got free breakfast, tea time, lunch meals).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's talk one happy stuff, also happened yesterday: I won Jolin Tsai's latest album "Butterfly" and a poster! Thanks Jurong Point! Perhaps this could be a good sign that bad lucks will be gone away, and good news coming on soon? Hopefully yes!

And Fireflyz is flying Ipoh - Singapore from July 09 onwards! From RM88 onwards inclusive tax & surcharge! Check http://www.fireflyz.com.my for more details!

2 comments:

Kanki said...

wah... y u always win album one...

goodluck to your jobhunting la! hope to see u work in TetraPak lol.

WayneHO大飞 said...

Thanks for your wish, hope I can go to Sweden more often,lol...
I where got always win album???